Wednesday, June 8, 2011

29; Lost Boys





Top: thifted • Vest: F21 • Shorts: DIY • Shoes: Etsy Vintage • Jewlery: everywhere


Yeah, not many shots this time. It was terribly hot outside and Kathryn and I just wanted to go home. (This location is about a five mintue walk from our place of establishment.) Also, pictures aren't as large as usual because for some reason I can't manage to think clearly this morning, and resized them all to Chictopia standards (instead of just one or two) and after having to brighten up two of them to decent visibility, I decided I wasn't going to do it all over again.

In other news, I'm very excited for this Saturday, because I will be over in Boston's City Hall Plaza for this year's gay pride festival and parade. Last month was the youth pride fest and march, which soley focuses on alternative sexuality youth, but the one this weekend is for anyone of all ages, and is on a much grander scale. I had to skip out on this last year because I'd just had spinal surgery and it didn't seem like a good idea to go out into Boston and walk around all day. (Though, I suppose I won't be really doing myself a favour by wearing the wedge heels I decided look best with the dress I'm going to wear, but since when does something like that deter me?)

All of my tip money since having bought my camera is going to required expenses for this trip, as well. I was going to save it up for the tattoo I've been wanting for nearly a year now, but that's what I decided to save up for this time around:


(Please ignore the silly Cinnamoroll stationary.) It's the astrology symbols for Libra and Aquarius joined together. Kathryn's a Libra, and I'm an Aquarius. (Did you know John Lennon and Yoko Ono were the same signs? Yeah, I'm a bit of an astrology nerd.) I want to get it on the inner most part of my wrist, probably my right one. I worry about how much it will hurt, but I'm determined, plus I'm only so worried because that part of the wrist is a sensitive spot.

Yesterday, Kathryn confirmed that she wants to get the same tattoo, possibly on the opposite wrist. No idea when I'll be getting mine... My huge tip collection jar-thing is currently empty, so we will see!

And yeah I know, it's 'risky' to get a tattoo that has anything to do with my significant other in case of break ups and whatever. I was still a bit nervous, because I'm seriously convinced some days that Kathryn will just wake up one morning and realise what a silly loser I am and that she could do better (blah blah insecurities blah) but when Kathryn said she wanted to get the same tattoo, that told me how committed and attached she is. I don't have much to worry about in that case, do I? ♥ (The flip side of the coin is that I could potentially leave her, but really, I couldn't. She's just too wonderful. There's no way I'd leave her!)

I'm already debating a second tattoo, something southwestern/involving a dream catcher. Not entirely sure yet, because that's too far ahead in the future for me to worry about at the moment.

1 comment: